Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Traveller's Bag


The Landmark Rock@ Hidak Falls
T'boli, South Cotabato

The  Traveller's Bag
My companion, hug buddy, my treasure



It is an  old  bag from my sister's "must go" items.

A bag borrowed several times to conquer the highest Philippine peak. Too old to look nice and be appreciated.

When i did my Sagada trip  June of 2012, i was wondering to buy a new backpack for myself. I spent time eyeing for a branded, 10kg carrier, nice color, and a price that will satisfy my conscience.
I saw this old bag and contemplated,..., I can make this bag something memorable to me. I had it washed,  took a shot , posted it on fb notifying my sister that I will make  her old bag a "peak conqueror".

And so it was off for Sagada, Mt. Province. Back to Davao City, it carried 2 kg of Sagada Orange, Mountain Tea, and a kilo of Sagada Coffee for my kids, mom, and sister which was also shared to my cousins in Tupi, South Cotabato.

Sometime in September, I had my water falling and road trip to Ilocandia. The bus conductor asked about the bag I'm carrying if it had enough clothing for my adventure trip. I replied with a smile . Back home, I bought 1 kg Vigan Longanisa for my sister and friend Loida Recimilla whom were excited talking about Vigan.

In November, I attended the 18th Mindanao Forum and Climb at Mt. Parker's  Crater, Lake Holon. The same bag i caddled trecking Hidak Falls, T'boli, SouthCotabato. My cousin Vangie hated the bag since the Vigan smell stuck on it.

As I am preparing my Mt. Pulag birthday climb, I had this treasured bag checked  again for some dusting. Wooh.. to my surprise and fear, I thought it was a snake inside  the pocket.
No, It was just a night lizard specie with a snake shed skin.

As my travell buddy, this bag alrady gave me a lot of memmories. It may served its purpose best but for me , it could still have a lot of travel stories  to tell.

Today is my son's 18th birthday. He is asking for a gift. My dear son, cash is so scarce that  memmories from this bag is all i can give you. After all you are my true tresure.











No comments:

Post a Comment