Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mt. Pulag

Mt. Pulag
Birthday Climb @ 44

Adventurers, nature lovers, tourists, photographers, endorsers, writers, etc. flocked Mt. Pulag on week ends. They come in groups. I can imagine how Camp 1 and Camp 2 were filled with big and small tents, trail traffic, comfort sheds,  and noise.

Query eyes at me, some frankly asked me if I'm not afraid . I got no doubt climbing alone. What I doubted was, if I can hold the  water freezing temperature.




At Ambangeg DENR Jump Off, I viewed the "Respect Mt. Pulag" video orientation and a brief map presentation by Mam Precy. Having a tour guide is a policy. At 2pm, I am off Ranger station  and meet my guide and my porter. Arriving Camp 2, they left me.

I arrived Camp 2 in time for the sunset and worship. Hurriedly eat my supper,  wear  my winter clothes and fold myself inside the sleeping bag. Chilly. Hope the sun to rise too soon to survive the night. At 4 am, I had my coffee and woke up my guide at "DENR kubo".
With my flashlight, we headed the peak 5 am. In time for sunrise and worship, I was at the peak.

"Chasing the sun and the clouds" was my birthday wish. All I have at the peak is my thankful heart. 





And God gave me a perfect place to grant my wish, Mt. Pulag.
All for the Glory of God!






No comments:

Post a Comment