Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Reflection:

Visiting an Old Family Friend
the Aquiatan Family

When I first came to Kidapawan City for my first regular employment job, we were accommodated by the  Aquiatan Family. They let us stay in their house for a week for free. The head of the family Manong Anito ( a Boholano folk) and Manang Gloria an Ilocana,. they have 7 children all became my family friend. One of their son became my office mate.

When I became self -employed, i ventured in baking cookies. Starting from nothing, Manang Gloria who bakes banana cake everyday for her living shared the use of her oven to me. Later, I was able to buy my own oven. It was  my dad's favorite oatmeal cookies.  When I started my balloon arrangement business, i handed my oven to a family friend who's daughter graduated from a food technology course.

I became busy with my business when I extended my services in the wedding industry. I got no time to attend family gatherings. When I realized that I am already physically and mentally exhausted with my work, I started accepting few wedding commitments until finally I am willing to stop my business operation.

Searching for treatment for my health problem, I was blessed with a very effective and affordable natural product formulated by Dr. Chanita Villegas Chua. Feeling energized and freed from stress I started to share the product to my friends. Until  I met Manang Gloria's daughter exchanging "no time no see" greetings.
I was told that her mother suffered stroke and got half paralyzed.

The following day, i pay her a visit. I shared the product and give her a massage therapy on her face. Her daughter reminded me that they have no money to pay me for the massage. I told her that it was for free and they don't need to pay me.

Manang Gloria is now 67 years old. In her early years, her Banana cake and Bitso-bitso (fried sticky rice with syrup) were a popular  recess food  along Notre Dame of Kidapawan College- Elementary and High School gate sidewalk.

I thank God for giving me an opportunity to share my precious time to an old family friend who gave me the comfort of their shelter when I came to Kidapawan as stranger. I thank God for the free time I now enjoy.





2 comments: