Thursday, February 14, 2013

Travel Tips & Spices (1)

Travel Tips & Spices
My Mt. Pulag Experience

 Pray and Have Courage  - A month before my travel date I was advised by my travel agent that there were changes with my Tawi-Tawi trip. My February trip was supposedly spelunking at Callao Cave but my Baguio City commitment cannot be cancelled. My travel plans seems to be out of timing. And I prayed. Everything will be according to His will. Finally, I decided to have my Pulag adventure with the prayer that "Lord give me a good weather and a safe solo trip." Everyday I asked the Lord the same prayer. And so the day I left my home base. I asked for courage. I am uncertain if I will have the peak alone or with a group of Pulag climbers. My travel itinerary went smoothly. I was at Mt. Pulag Camp 2 in time for the sunset. I see the "sea of clouds". According to the locals when water frost, temperature is  -2 C* or below.Wake up call at 4am and left at 5am for the peak. I passed by the frosty rock trail.In time for the sunrise 6:10, I thought I could not make it. After hugging the sun, the feeling was so overwhelming. God was so giving and true to His promises,... just have faith.


Mt. Pulag is a spiritual experience. Let me quote from the book of Ecclesiastes 1:3"What profit has a man of all his labor which he takes under the sun? (King James 2000 version) On Wesley's Note, 1:3 What profit - What real and abiding benefit? None at all. All is unprofitable as to the attainment of that happiness which all men are enquiring after. His labour - Heb. his toilsome labour, both of body and mind in the pursuit of riches, or pleasures, or other earthly things. Under the sun - In all worldly matters, which are usually transacted in the day time, or by the light of the sun. By this restriction he implies that the happiness which in vain is sought for in this lower world, is really to be found in heavenly places and things.



No comments:

Post a Comment