Saturday, February 23, 2013

Conversation (@ Mt. Pulag)

After Mt. Pulag

A Conversation with  a Taxi Driver


I have to leave Baguio City before 8pm to arrive NAIA 2 terminal before dawn.
I am in the mood hiking the streets of Baguio City from Maharlika building to Victory Liner terminal. While JS salon buddies ask me to just take a taxi I insisted that I'll just hike.
But  the truth of the matter was I want to be part of that busy street of Session Road at 7pm. When I am about to reach the end exit road of SM mall,

as in ,eating while walking


the sidewalk was to wide and quite dark for me to walk alone. I decided to call a taxi.

Mama sa VL terminal po pa Pasay.
" San po kayo galing? parang ang bigat ng backpack mo?"
Sa Mt. Pulag po. 
"Wow! mam dream ko po umakyat ng Pulag. Buti ka pa mam.
Taga Benguet po ako pero d ko pa naakyat yan. Ng  pinalabas sa channel 7 ang Mt. Pulag, d po talaga ako pumasada, pinanood ko po talaga. Ang ganda!
Pangarap ko po talaga makaakyat ng Mt. Pulag. Sinong po kasabay nyo mam? bat parang mag isa ka lang?"
Opo mag isa lang ako pero me tour guide po ako kasabay.


Before I disembarked, he says while counting my coins,
"Mam, nagpapasalamat po ako at naging pasahero ko kayo.  Lalo po akong nainspire tuparin ang pangarap ko.Kahit po d ko pa natutupad ang pangarap ko, masaya na po ako na me nakilala ako na  nakatupad ng pangarap kong maakyat ang Pulag. Ingat po kayo sa byahe pa balik ng Mindanao."

The ride was half kilometers and so the conversation was too short a time to exchange encouragement. I felt his excitement and avidness of Mt. Pulag.



No comments:

Post a Comment