Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Closed Doors

My Road Trip to Ilocos

It was another long travel from Mindanao that marked my aging feet. My trip to Ilocos Sur and Norte.

Since I landed  Manila late in the evening and the trip is 7 hours long, it was an expected  arrival that everything will be early for business.

My destination, at the tip of the Map. 
My goal, to set my foot on the last bridge of Ilocos .

When I arrived Loag City, the only open is the church having its early morning mass. Museums were still closed. I hired a trycicle and ask if he could turn me around downtown area were tourist used to drop by. He pointed to me famous landmarks such as the Bell Tower, the Provincial Capitol, and some business establishments advertised in tv.











 Should I regret that I travelled so far only to catch all the doors closed?




Why should I? If my purpose  to take photos of each doors be closed,  my  being there were just perfetly in time. 



But who will regret to see the perfect hue of blue in this tip of the map? And setting your feet on its ground of  only few dared to try.



The Patapat Viaduct, known as the  4th longest bridge in the country.



No comments:

Post a Comment